North Dormitory was a men's residence hall. The building was three stories tall and brick veneered. Accounts vary, but at some point, the Mayo family moved from First Dormitory to either North or South Dormitory. In April 1907, Stephen Liebling Mayo was born in one of the new dormitories. He was the last of what Gladys Mayo called the Mayo family's "dormitory babies." Ms. Mayo recalled her brother being born in South Dormitory, but several published histories of ET state that the Mayo family resided in North Dormitory because it was steam-heated and had electric lights. Further complicating matters is the 1911 Sanborn Fire Insurance Map, which only lists First Dormitory and South Dormitory as having electric lights and heat. North Dormitory was destroyed by the 1911 fire. It was located on the northwest side of campus, across Lee Street from the first dormitory.