This collection contains items related to East Texas State Normal College (ETNC), now Texas A&M University-Commerce. It was founded by William Leonidas Mayo in 1889. The original campus was located in Cooper, Texas, but the school moved to Commerce after a fire destroyed the original building in 1894. Mayo served as the president of the university until his death in 1917. This collection includes items related to President Mayo and his wife Etta Booth Mayo, ephemera from original student organizations, and early college publications. To view additional items in person, see the East Texas Normal College Collection finding aid.